What is CFS ProSlab™?
CFS ProSlab™ is a concrete floor slab design that offers flat, smooth, and virtually curl-free floors with fewer joints by using a time-tested technology that has proven to be superior to the commonly-used slab designs. The industry now refers to this technology as wideslab construction. Wideslab construction is a method of designing and constructing a slab-on-ground in which individual slab panels extend a minimum of 50’ in at least one dimension. Wideslab construction relies on methods other than joints to control cracks and curling. CFS ProSlab™ uses Single Course Installation giving the slab continuity from “top to bottom.” Our floors provide a beautiful, durable finish that meets or exceeds design requirements and owners’ expectations.
CFS ProSlab™ History
While many owners, developers and engineers consider wideslab construction a new process, Mike McPhee (a voting member of ACI 302 and ACI 360) has been an innovator in wideslab design, using steel fiber technology, for decades. It wasn’t until 2015, two years after starting Concrete Fiber Solutions (in partnership with Global Material Technologies), that the term “wideslab” was truly recognized within construction nomenclature. And shortly thereafter, CFS branded Mike’s design concept with the CFS ProSlab™ name.
The tremendous benefits wideslab floors offer are the solutions that manufacturers with diverse product lines and production needs have been seeking for years. Large food companies such as Whitewave Foods have installed CFS ProSlab™ floors because they have significantly less maintenance issues with fewer joints and cracks. Precision manufacturing companies such as Woodward find the elimination of cracks and curling in their CFS ProSlab™ floors to be an integral element needed to achieve the highly calibrated products they produce. Additionally, leaders in the logistics real estate market such as Prologis have embraced the CFS ProSlab™ design. In addition to the other benefits, the flat, minimally-jointed floors are ideal for warehouse automation.
- Superflat Fmin Slabs
- Distribution Centers (inside and out)
- Cold Storage/Freezer Facilities
- Athletic Facilities
- Food Processing Facilities
- Fewer Joints means a smooth ride that your Lift Truck Operators will brag about
- Lowers overall lifetime maintenance costs; fewer joints mean less wear and tear on fork trucks
- Time-proven slab designs that allow for less problematic installation as compared to traditional floor designs
- We do not use “magic potions” – we tell you what’s in the mix
- CFS ProSlab™ provides owners with confidence that the project will be a SUCCESS
- We help with Engineering & Design!
Reduces Crystalline Silica Production
OSHA has issued two new standards to protect workers from exposure to respirable crystalline silica. The standard requires employers to limit worker exposure to crystalline silica and take other steps to protect workers. Read the OSHA Fact Sheet on the Crystalline Silica Rule here.
How does ProSlab™ help? Saw cutting joints in a slab is one of the biggest generators of respirable crystalline silica on a job site. ProSlab™ construction dramatically reduces the amount of saw cut joints in a floor and as a result the amount of crystalline silica generated.
A typical 100′ x 100′ slab with joints at 12’6″ has 1400 linear feet of sawuts. Extending the joints to 50′ with ProSlab construction reduces the amount of sawcut joints to only 200 linear feet making compliance easier and more cost-effective.
Why choose CFS ProSlab™?
- Best Quality Assurance Program in the Business
- Slab engineering included
- Review of all plans and specs to get it right the first time
- Consulting service provided by both national and local experts
- Review and adjustment of the mix-design for lowest possible shrinkage based on the local available materials
CFS ProSlab™ competitively-priced slabs
For the same price as an ACI recommended slab, CFS ProSlab™ provides a floor that matches any floor in the industry for beauty, durability, toughness, life expectancy, and lowest maintenance cost of any competitive design.